The Tewin Horticultural Arts and Crafts Society (THACS) aims to promote the good cultivation of gardens and allotments, to foster interest in garden design and plants and to encourage village arts and crafts.
In order to achieve these aims we
• run Spring and Autumn Shows
• hold meetings for lectures, demonstrations and workshops
• organise various outings and other appropriate events
• publish articles about forthcoming events in the monthly Tewin Magazine
• post information on the society’s pages on the village website.
THACS was formed in 2001 following the Millennium Fund activities, which included Open Gardens and a trip to the RHS gardens at Wisley. It was fueled by the enthusiasm of gardeners and artists of all kinds in Tewin and its continued success is dependent upon that enthusiasm. The society has attracted over two hundred members and many successful events have taken place.
We welcome new members.
The annual subscription is £5 per person. Annual membership runs until 31st October but if you join after 30thJune your initial payment will cover the period until the end of October the following year.
Members receive discounts on THACS outings and other events and they also receive email updates on our activities.
If you would like to join us please download an application form.