The Old Schoolhouse

 Old Schoolhouse

Lower Green Schoolhouse - embroidered by Pauline Hay

An earlier schoolhouse existed at the top end of Lower Green opposite the Rose & Crown, and is now a private house.  The later schoolhouse pictured was endowed by Lord Cowper of Panshanger and built in 1847.  It was used until 1974 when the new school in Cannons Meadow was completed, and now is also a private home at the lower end of Lower Green.