13-Tewin Inns - embroidered by Janet Hall
The Rose and Crown was built around 1650 similar in design to the fine Old School House opposite. The diarist John Carrington's son Jack was the landlord back in the late 18th C. The landlord Tom Flynn is working keeping the Rose as a busy 'local' serving good home-cooked food and Sunday roasts and hosting quiz, local meet-up's and music (Ukelele, karaoke, Aimee P, ...). The home-cooked Sunday Roast beef is delicious.
The Plume of Feathers was built c.1460 when the village was situated around the Upper Green. It has therefore seen many generations of locals and visitors, and its popularity has led to various extensions and enhancements over the years. Manager Tom Veritti and his team have a busy Festive season in progress this month with Christmas and New Year special menus. The turkey and the Beef Rib Bourguignon are both generous and tasty.